This year only, new members, excluding students and lifetime, will receive 2 years of membership for the price of one year!
By becoming a CMS member, you will be making a real difference to mathematics in Canada. Your participation and support will add strength to the national voice of Canadian mathematics.
If you belong to another participating mathematical society such as AMS or other reciprocal societies and reside outside of Canada, you can get 50% off the price of your membership!
Please follow these easy steps:
- Select the membership category that best describes your current situation;
- Consider making a donation to further support CMS activities;
- Read the terms and conditions of membership; and
- Complete the online application on the CMS portal. Before you create a new account, please verify that you don’t already have an account with CMS on the portal.
CMS Membership entitles an individual member to the following benefits:
- Reduced registration fees at CMS semi-annual Meetings and includes complimentary child care services while attending CMS meetings;
- Substantial savings for Canadian residents who are members, or wish to join, a number of reciprocal societies, such as the AMS, LMS, MAA, SMF etc;
- Receive complimentary online access to the Canadian Journal of Mathematics and the Canadian Mathematical Bulletin;
- Access to, and inclusion in, the CMS Members-Only Online Directory, including geographic and field of interest searches;
- Online subscription to the CMS Notes (6 issues per year);
- Discounts on the purchase of books in the CMS series published by Springer-Verlag (over 40 books in the series) and on other CMS publications;
- Eligibility to apply to the Endowment Fund Grants Program;
- Opportunity to serve on the CMS Board of Directors and on CMS committees and editorial boards; and
- Voting rights in the CMS elections and at the Annual General Meetings.